Student Complaints

​​​​​Complaints Filed with DMACC

Students at DMACC may file a General Complaint within the institution if they feel they have been mistreated by a staff member, if departmental policies and procedures are unclearly written or inconsistently applied, or if a student has extenuating circumstances that may directly affect the educational process. Initially, a student should pursue any concern about DMACC through the formal resolution processes that DMACC provides. Additional information concerning this procedure is located in Loading...​. 


Please note that for complaints regarding discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, and genetic information, the student should contact the campus Dean/Provost's Office or the Judicial Officer, regarding the Loading...​​

For additional information about student rights and responsibilities please visit our Student Policies webpage.

Complaints Filed with DMACC's Accreditor

Students wishing to file complaints with DMACC's accreditor may contact the Higher Learning

Commission by accessing the instructions located at:

Complaints Filed with DMACC's State Approval or Licensing Agency

The Division of Community Colleges within the Iowa Department of Education maintains a complaint process for Iowa community Colleges.  Most complaints are referred to the institution's formal student complaint process outlined in DMACC's student handbook and policies.  Additional information concerning this complaint process can be located at:​

If the complaint is completed manually, it may be mailed or faxed to the Iowa Department of Education - Division of Community Colleges:

515-242-5988 (Attention Amy Vybiral)

Postal Address
Iowa Department of Education
Division of Community Colleges
400 East 14th Street
Des Moines, IA 50319

Complaints Filed with the Iowa College Student Aid Commission

The Iowa College Student Aid Commission (ICSAC) created an electronic form to document concerns and complaints related to a school (a postsecondary education institution). Iowa College Aid accepts concerns and complaints from any student attending an Iowa school, regardless of the student's state of residency, and from an Iowa resident attending any school in the United States. The electronic form is located at:

Iowa College Aid will review submitted forms and determine the appropriate course of action. Actions may include, but are not limited to: contacting the student, contacting the school in question and/or referral to another agency. In all cases, the student will receive written response to his or her dispute and the dispute from will be retained for Iowa College Aid's records.​